A pediatric gastroenterologist is a specialist who diagnoses and treats diseases of the digestive system in children under the age of 18. In last years, the prevalence of the digestive system pathologies among children has increased. The use of products with toxic additives, enthusiasm for fast food, as well as poor ecology and stressful situations are among the main reasons of this trend.
Pediatric gastroenterologist diagnoses and treats:
- acute and chronic gastritis;
- functional dyspepsia;
- cystic fibrosis (hereditary disease of the pancreas);
- malabsorption (impaired absorption of nutrients);
- biliary dyskinesia;
- enteritis and colitis;
What happens at the first consultation:
- Parents and child are interviewed about the complains, dynamics of the disease development, associated diseases, allergic reactions, etc.;
- The child is examined;
- Diagnosis is made;
- The child is referred to an additional examination (if necessary);
- Individual treatment and diet are prescribed;
- A follow-up visit is scheduled to control and adjust the treatment.
Treatment methods used:
Treatment and examinations are conducted in accordance with the Guidelines and Recommendations of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Medications, physiotherapy (electrophoresis, short wave diathermy, magnetic therapy, amplipulse therapy), diet are used.