If you notice symptoms of a neurological disorder in your child, you should immediately contact a specialist –– a neurologist.
Signs and symptoms of neurological conditions in children
Under one year of age:
- Hyperexcitability, sleep disorders (superficial, light sleep)
- The child shakes the chin and hands when excited, crying or in a calm state
- Excessive posseting
- Head injury
Over one year of age:
- Sleep disorders
- Delayed speech and motor development, stuttering, tic
- Headache, dizziness, syncope
- Fatigue, restlessness, concentration problems
- Transportation problems
- Reduction in sight and vision impairments
- Craniocerebral trauma
Our clinic provides the following services:
- quarterly examinations of the baby in the first year of life;
- scheduled examinations of children over one year (at the age of 3, 6, 10 and annually from 14 years of age);
- examination, testing and treatment of children in case there are complaints.
What happens at the first consultation:
- Parents are interviewed on the course of pregnancy and childbirth, the period of early development, behavioural characteristics, detailed complaints, their appearance and development in dynamics, concomitant pathologies;
- The child is examined once contact has been established: in infants –– the head, condition and size of the fontanel, symmetry of the face, movement of the eyes, presence of skills, etc.; in the kids of all ages –– reflexes, joint movements and manner of walking, muscle tone, sensitivity;
- In case a pathology is detected, the child is transferred to further examination and consultation of profile specialists (optometrist, ENT, infectiologist);
- Diagnosis is made;
- Treatment is prescribed;
- The date of the follow-up visit is set (if necessary) to adjust the treatment and specify the diagnosis.
- Electroencephalography (EEG);
- 24-H monitoring;
- Cerebrovascular ultrasound;
- CT and MRT of brain and spinal cord;
- Neurosonography or ultrasound of brain, etc.