Otolaryngologist, or ENT-doctor of Ameda Family Clinic diagnoses and treats:
- Allergic, vasomotor, chronic rhinitis;
- Sinusitis (inflammation of nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses);
- Acute and chronic tonsillitis;
- Laryngitis (inflammation of the vocal cords located in the larynx);
- Otitis (inflammation of the external, middle or inner ear);
- Nasal or sinus polyps;
- Fungal infections of ENT-organs;
- Furuncle of nose, furuncle of the external ear.
What happens during the first visit:
- The doctor interviews the patient about complaints, development of the disease, allergic reactions, concomitant pathologies.
- A detailed examination of the patient takes place: nasal cavities (rhinoscopy), throat and larynx (pharyngo-laryngoscopy), ears (otoscopy) are checked.
- The doctor takes material for bacteriological examination (with the determination of the sensitivity of the isolated pathogen to antibiotics), cytological analysis of the nasal mucosa is made.
- Determination of clarity of hearing, etc.
- Additional examinations can be prescribed, if necessary: X-ray, ultrasound or CT of sinuses, audiogram, sterility testing of blood components, glucose test, etc.
- If necessary, the following medical procedures are performed: cleaning of the ear canal, removal of sulfur plugs, paracentesis (puncture of the tympanic membrane), irrigation of the maxillary sinus and nasal cavities, irrigation of lacunae in palatine tonsils, etc.
- Diagnosis is made (provisional or final).
- A course of treatment is prescribed (medication, physiotherapy, topical).
- The date of the follow-up appointment is set to monitor and adjust the treatment.